Pilots Coordinator, Community Benefit Pilots
The Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator (LACI) is a private non-profit organization creating an inclusive green economy by unlocking innovation (through working with startups to accelerate the commercialization of clean technologies), transforming markets (through partnerships in transportation, energy and sustainable cities) and enhancing communities (through workforce development, pilots and other programs). Founded as an economic development initiative by the City of Los Angeles and its Department of Water & Power (LADWP), LACI is recognized as one of the most innovative business incubators in the world by UBI. In the past six years, LACI has helped 73 portfolio companies raise $184M in funding, $220M in revenue, create 1,700 jobs, and deliver more than $379M in long term economic value. Learn more at laci.org.
The Pilots Coordinator, Community Benefit Pilots serves an essential function as part of the Community Benefit Pilots team within the Market Transformation pillar. The role will provide direct implementation support across our pilots, including convening and conducting user research, interfacing with external partners, gathering data, and supporting contract milestones and invoicing for partners. The Coordinator will work closely with the Senior Pilots Manager, Community Benefits Pilots Manager, and the Community Engagement Manager
What You’ll Do:
- Coordinate Pilot Operations: Support the operations of community benefit pilots by scheduling pilot activities, gathering documentation, and facilitating workshops and meetings where applicable.
- Research: Perform market research and landscape analysis to support pilot development and partner recruitment.
- Data Collection: Collect data and surveys to support the Pilots Manager and Senior Pilots Manager.
- Project Management: Manage invoicing, timelines for reporting, and associated documentation.
- Reporting and Analysis: Contribute content (data, survey results, narrative development, visual assets) to publications and reports.
Why You’re Right for the Job:
- You’re a numbers person who also keeps sight of the big picture. While you appreciate and value anecdotal evidence, you highly value statistical proof and use that to make the case for success or modification for improvement, never losing sight of the original intent of your work.
- You’re a systems person. You keep regular schedules and track things efficiently and orderly. You are able to take complex information and translate the core messages in a way that is easy for a lay-person to understand.
- You’re a problem solver. You like challenges and not afraid to work on a complex problem - technical or people oriented - in order to get things right.
- You’re adaptable. You can flex comfortably between working independently with limited supervision, and operating fluidly within a dynamic team environment.
- You’re passionate about community benefit pilots. You keep up with the latest and greatest new technologies in mobility and aspire to be a part of accelerating Los Angeles to an inclusive green economy.
Basically, we want to know you can get the job done. This means you have:
- BA or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years experience coordinating or supporting multi-stakeholder projects
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to manage details, adhere to deadlines, and follow up on action items
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with and between stakeholder groups, project teams, and internal staff
- Experience cultivating and maintaining relationships with internal and external partners
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills
- Creative problem solving ability for complex interconnected barriers to implementation
- Interest in cleantech, sustainability, community engagement, and the LA region
- Must be able to travel to pilot field sites when required
- Must work onsite from LA office when required
This is a full-time position, starting immediately. LACI operates out of the La Kretz Innovation Campus, in the bustling Downtown LA Arts District. Since we are rapidly growing, you will be getting in on the ground floor at LACI, with the opportunity to evolve with us and shape your future here.
In addition to working on a campus with other innovators, we offer industry competitive benefits including: paid holidays, vacation/sick time, 401(k) plan, and paid parking. We also support alternative transportation with a metro pass for every employee.